The Chart of the Day belongs to Walker & Dunlop (WD). I found the financial services stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for a Weighted Alpha above 50.00+ then again for technical buy signals greater than 80%. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/21 the stock gained 17.59%.
Walker & Dunlop, LLC is engaged in providing commercial real estate financial services in the United States, with a primary focus on multifamily lending. The Company also offers service loans for life insurance companies, commercial banks and other institutional investors as a loan broker. The Multifamily and FHA Finance groups of Walker & Dunlop are focused on lending to property owners, investors, and developers of multifamily properties across the country. The Capital Markets and Investment Services groups provide a broad range of advisory, financing, investment consulting and related services. Walker & Dunlop's Healthcare Finance group provides debt financing for healthcare properties. The Company's Principle Investments include origination, underwriting, execution and management of commercial real estate opportunities across property types and geographies within the continental United States. Walker & Dunlop, LLC is based in Bethesda, Maryland.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- 88.84+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 11.96% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.91%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 28.59
- Recently traded at 29.48 with a 50 day moving average of 25.69
- Market Cap $892.96 million
- P/E 12.82
- Revenue expected to grow 25.50% this year and another 8.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 50.60% this year, an aadditional 3.80% next year and continue to compound annually at a rate of 5.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock