The Chart of the Day is Flagstar Bancorp (FBC). I found the savings bank stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for a Weighted Alpha of over 50.00+ then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/14 the stock gained 12.34%.
Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. is the holding company for Flagstar Bank, FSB, a federally chartered stock savings bank. Through its retail banking centers and e-commerce distribution channels, Flagstar attracts deposits from the general public. The institution utilizes these deposits, along with other funds garnered from the secondary market, to originate or acquire loans on a nationwide basis.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signal
- 55.30+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 10.12% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.56%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 21.10
- Recently traded at 22.85 with a 50 day moving average of 20.62
- Market Cap $1.29 billion
- P/E 18.64
- Revenue expected to grow 14.80% this year and another 11.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 197.10% this year, an additional 4.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 2.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts have 2 strong buy, 2 buy and 2 hold recommendation is place