The Chart of the Day is O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY). I found the automotive parts stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for a Weighted Alpha of 50.00+ or more, then for technical buy signals of 80% or better than again for a 50-100 Day MACD Oscillator buy signal. Last I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. That filtered down the 3000 stock to just 53. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/15 the stock gained 10.77%.
O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. is a specialty retailer and supplier of automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment and accessories to both ``do-it-yourself`` customers and professional mechanics or service technicians. O'Reilly stores carry an extensive product line consisting of new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, such as alternators, starters, fuel pumps, water pumps, and brake shoes and pads, maintenance items, such as oil, antifreeze, fluids, engine additives and appearance products, accessories, such as floor mats and seat covers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 55.97+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 cay moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 10.50% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.99%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 264.46
- Recently traded at 276.26 with a 50 day moving average of 248.81
- Market Cap $27.51 billion
- P/E 30.06
- Revenue expected to grow 9.30% this year and another 6.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 22.30% this year, an additional 13.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 16.34% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 5 buy, 11 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock.