The Chart of the Day belongs to Align Technology (ALGN). I found the orthodontics stock by first using Value Line to screen for stocks their analysts predict will have 10% growth in both Revenue and Earnings over the next 3-5 years, then sorted that list in Barchart by the highest Weighted Alpha. Lastly, I always review the charts using Price, Trend Spotter and 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages. I look for a chart where all those lines trend upward and almost never touch ( like this one)
Align Technology Inc. designs, manufactures and markets the Invisalign System, a proprietary method for treating malocclusion. The System corrects malocclusion using a series of clear, removable appliances that gently move teeth to a desired final position. Because it does not rely on the use of metal or ceramic brackets and wires, the System significantly reduces the aesthetic and other limitations associated with braces. The Invisalign System also offers orthodontists a new means of carrying out their diagnosis and treatment planning processes.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 11.45% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.52%
- Technical support level at 167.32
- Recently traded at 168.03 with a 50 day moving average of 151.65
- Market Cap $13.61 billion
- P/E 55.74
- Revenue expected to grow 25.90% this year and another 20.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 35.70% this year, an additional 19.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 23.62% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 11 strong buy recommendations on the stock