The Chart of the Day is TRI Pointe Homes (TPH). I wanted to find a growth stock so I used Value Line to screen for companies having projections of 10% growth in both revenue and earnings. I used Barchart to sort that list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 6/14 the stock gained 9.91%.
TRI Pointe Group, Inc. is involved in the design, construction and sale of single-family homes. The company's operating portfolio includes Maracay Homes in Arizona; Pardee Homes in California and Nevada; Quadrant Homes in Washington; Trendmaker Homes in Texas; TRI Pointe Homes in California and Colorado; and Winchester Homes in Maryland and Virginia. TRI Pointe Group, Inc., formerly known as Tri Pointe Homes, Inc., is headquartered in Irvine, California.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 11.93% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.89%
- Technical support level at 13.82
- Recently traded at 13.98 with a 50 day moving average of 12.85
- Market Cap $2.21 billion
- P/E 12.74
- Revenue expected to grow 12.80% this year and another 14.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.40% this year, an additional 11.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 12.16% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock