The Chart of the Day belongs to Scientific Games (SGMS). I found the lottery software stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/28 the stock gained 10.95%.
Scientific Games Corporation is the leading integrated supplier of instant tickets, systems and services to lotteries, and the leading supplier of wagering systems and services to pari-mutuel operators. It is also a licensed pari-mutuel gaming operator in Connecticut and the Netherlands and is a leading supplier of prepaid phone cards to telephone companies. Scientific Games' customers are in the United States and more than 60 other countries.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 12.85% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.49%
- Technical support level at 24.37
- Recently traded at 26.35 with a 50 day moving average of 23.11
- Market Cap $2.18 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 3.30% this year and another 3.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase at an annual rate of 39.50% this year, an additional 63.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 38.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy and 6 hold recommendations on the stock