The Chart of the Day belongs to Cooper Companies (COO). I found the health care products stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/20 the stock gained 8.49%.
The Cooper Companies, Inc., through its principal subsidiaries, develops, manufactures and markets healthcare products. CooperVision markets a range of contact lenses to correct visual defects, specializing in toric lenses that correct astigmatism. The company also markets conventional toric and spherical lenses and lenses for patients with more complex vision disorders. CooperSurgical markets diagnostic products, surgical instruments and accessories to the women's healthcare market.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 9.57% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.88%
- Technical support level at 216.81
- Recently traded at 217.50 with a 50 day moving average of 202.95
- Market Cap $10.69 billion
- P/E 25.43
- Dividend yield .03%
- Revenue expected to grow 7.40% this year and another 6.50% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 9.60% this year, an additional 12.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.60% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 9 strong buy, 1 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock