The Chart of the Day belongs to AxoGen (AXGN). I found the medical stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the month and then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/6 the stock gained 41.94%.
AxoGen Corp. is a regenerative medicine company engaged in the development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve reconstruction and regeneration. It offers products for the repair of peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen Corp was formerly known as LecTec Corporation.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 31.00% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.48%
- Technical support level at 14.70
- Recently traded at 14.90 with a 50 day moving average of 11.63
- Market Cap $505 million
- Revenue expected to grow 41.10% this year and another 36.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 20.50% this year and an additional 106.50% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock