The Chart of the Day belongs to Qualstar (QBAK0. I found the date storage stock by using Barchart to sort today' Top Stocks to Own list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signal of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 1/11 the stock gained 165.52%.
Qualstar Corp. designs and manufactures the world's finest tape products. The company pioneered adapting 9-track tape technology from mainframes to desktop computing environments and have applied this experience to tape library systems for cartridge tape formats. The company's tape products are compatible with virtually every operating system and platform, and are supported by applications packages from many leading developers, such as Tivoli Systems and Computer Associates.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 122.22% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.10%
- Technical support level at 7.97
- Recently traded at 844 with a 50 day moving average of 4.34
- Market Cap $17.55 million
- This stock is not presently followed by any Wall Street analysts so there aren't any Revenue or Earnings projections
- Only 2 individual investors are following the stock on Motley Fool with 1 thinking it will outperform the market and the other thinking it will under perform the market
- The recent run up in price just might make it over valued in my book