The Chart of the Day belongs to Orbital ATK (OA). I found the aerospace defense stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stock to Own list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signal of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy om 2/21 the stock gained 11.77%.
Orbital ATK, Inc. designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems. The company operates in three segments: Aerospace Group, Defense Group and Sporting Group. Its product include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; satellites and associated components and services; composite aerospace structures; tactical missiles, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition. Orbital ATK, Inc., formerly known as Alliant Techsystems Inc., is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 14.39% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.71%
- Technical support level at 99.50
- Recently traded at 101.75 with a 50 day moving average of 90.85
- Market Cap $5.86 billion
- Dividend yield 1.28%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.30% this year and another 4.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 9.70% this year, an additional 10.30% next year and compound at an annual rate of 9.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock