The Chart of the Day belongs to KMG Chemical (KMG). I found the specialty chemical stock by using Barhchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new hings in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/11 the stock gained 12.44%.
KMG Chemicals manufactures, markets and distributes specialty, niche chemicals. The company manufactures, markets and distributes three wood preserving chemicals, pentachlorophenol, creosote and sodium pentachlorophenate, to industrial customers engaged in the wood preserving business. The company's customers use these preservatives to treat wood and supply the treated wood products to end-users in a variety of industries, principally the railroad, utility and construction industries.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 25.32% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.25%
- Technical support level at 34.21
- Recently traded at 34.79 with a 50 day moving average of 29.94
- Market Cap $404 million
- P/E 21.32
- Dividend yield .35%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.10% this year and another 3.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 9.90% this year, an additional 11.30% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 17.00% for he next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy recommendations on the stock