The Chart of the Day is Westmoreland Coal (WLB). With the Trump election coal mining stocks has rocketed. I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/3 the stock gained 57.19%
Westmoreland Coal Company's principal activities are: the production and sale of coal from the Powder River Basin in eastern Montana; the ownership of interests in cogeneration and other non-regulated independent power plants; and the leasing of capacity at Dominion Terminal Associates, a coal storage and vessel loading facility.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 55.89% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.54%
- Technical support level at 14.00
- Recently traded at 14.72 with a 50 day moving average of 9.51
- Market Cap $236 million
- Revenue expected to grow 6.80% this year
- Earnings estimated to increase 109.60% this year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 2 buy recommendations on the stock