The Chart of the Day belongs to Delta Air Lines (DAL). I found the airline stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 9/22 the stock gained 15.66%.
Delta is America's fastest growing international carrier. Delta Air Lines offers customers service to more destinations than any global airline with Delta and Delta Connection carrier service. Delta has added more international capacity than all other U.S. airlines combined and is the leader across the Atlantic.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 14.33% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.80%
- Technical support level at 43.56
- Recently traded at 44.53 with a 50 day moving average of 39.58
- Market Cap $32.1 billion
- P/E 7.56
- Dividend yield 1.89%
- Wall Street analysts haven't projected revenue and earnings but gave 7 strong buy, 1 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock