The Chart of the Day belongs to AK Steel (AKS). I found the steel producer by using Barchart to sort Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the highest Weighted Alpha then again by technical buy signal s of 80% or more. Sine the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/28 the stock gained 35.10%.
AK Steel produces flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products, as well as carbon and stainless tubular steel products, for automotive, appliance, construction and manufacturing markets. AK Steel maintains a relentless pursuit of improvement in every critical performance measure. The result is a track record without equal.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 47.01% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.10%
- Technical support level at 5.86
- Recently traded at 6.85 with a 50 day moving average of 4.84
- Market Cap $1.8 billion
- P/E 11.53
- Revenue expected to grow 2.50% next year
- Earnings estimated o increase 200.00% this year, an additional 80.00 next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 5.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 6 hold and 2 strong sell recommendations on the stock