The Chart of the Day is Zumiez (ZUMZ). I found the sporting apparel stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest technical buy signals, at least 10 new highs in the last 20 trading sessions and a positive Weighted Alpha. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/23 the stock gained 32.56%.
Zumiez, pronounced `zoomies,` is a leading specialty retailer of action sports related apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories. Their stores cater to young men and women between ages 12-24, focusing on skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, motocross and BMX.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 28.06% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.17%
- Technical support level at 21.40
- Recently traded at 22.27 with a 50 day moving average of 17.43
- Market Cap $560.31
- P/E 28.12
- Revenue expected to grow 2.00% this year and another 4.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 26.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.35% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 buy, 8 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock