The Chart of the Day belongs to Orion Group (ORN). I found the construction stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/7 the stock gained 13.93%.
Orion Group Holdings, Inc. is a construction company which provides services on and off the water primarily in the continental United States, Alaska, Canada and the Caribbean Basin. The company's operating segment consists of heavy civil marine construction segment and commercial concrete segment. Heavy civil marine construction segment services includes marine transportation facility construction, marine pipeline construction, marine environmental structures, dredging of waterways, channels and ports, environmental dredging, design and specialty services. Commercial concrete segment provides turnkey concrete construction services including pour and finish, dirt work, layout, forming, rebar and mesh across the light commercial, structural and other associated business areas. Orion Group Holdings, Inc., formerly known as Orion Marine Group Inc., is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 21.65% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 68.72%
- Technical support level at 7.24
- Recently traded at 7.36 with a 50 day moving average of 6.34
- Market Cap $200.93 million
- Revenue expected to grow 34.10% this year and an additional 7.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 193.30% this year, an additional 71.40% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock