The Chart of the Day is Exelixis (EXEL) and is a repeat from 8/22 but has a chart that can't be ignored. I found the biopharmaceutical stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 4/6 the stock gained 243.05%.
Exelixis, Inc. (EXEL) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing small molecule therapies for the treatment of cancer. Exelixis is focusing its development and commercialization efforts primarily on COMETRIQ' (cabozantinib), its wholly-owned inhibitor of multiple receptor tyrosine kinases. Another Exelixis-discovered compound, cobimetinib, a selective inhibitor of MEK, is being evaluated by Roche and Genentech (a member of the Roche Group) in a broad development program under a collaboration with Exelixis.
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and 39.23% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 86.09%
- Technical support level at 14.60
- Recently traded at 15.30 with a 50 day moving average of 11.13
- Market Cap $3.50 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 312.80% this year and another 90.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 23.50% this year and an additional 83.90% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 1 hold
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 2469 to 99 that the stock will beat the market
- Of the Wall Street professional featured on Motley Fool they have buy signals 8 to 0