The Chart of the Day belongs to Aria Pharmaceutical (ARIA). I found the biopharma stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the most frequent new hihgs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 7/21 the stock gained 74.56%
Ariad Pharmaceuticals is engaged in the discovery and development of novel pharmaceuticals based on intracellular signaling technology. The Company has established highly integrated capabilities in functional genomics, molecular cell biology, structure based drug design, combinatorial chemistry and pharmacology. The company is developing small-molecule drugs that block signal transduction pathways in cells responsible for osteoporosis, and immune and inflammatory diseases.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 36.29% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 85.75%
- Technical support level at 13.46
- Recently traded at 13.95 with a 50 day moving average of 10.42
- Market Cap $2.67 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 58.80% this year and another 20.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 92.70% this year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 30.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy and 1 strong sell recommendation on the stock