The Chart of the Day belongs to Exelixis (EXEL). I found the biomedical stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the highest Weighted Alpha then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/6 the stock gained 155.38%.
Exelixis, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing small molecule therapies for the treatment of cancer. Exelixis is focusing its development and commercialization efforts primarily on COMETRIQ' (cabozantinib), its wholly-owned inhibitor of multiple receptor tyrosine kinases. Another Exelixis-discovered compound, cobimetinib, a selective inhibitor of MEK, is being evaluated by Roche and Genentech (a member of the Roche Group) in a broad development program under a collaboration with Exelixis.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 31.22% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.00%
- Technical support level at 10.67
- Recently traded at 11.35 with a 5 day moving average of 8.88
- Market Cap $2.60 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 244.20% this year and another 104.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 12.30% this year and another 67.60% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock