The Chart of the Day belongs to Xylem (XYL). I found the pumping equipment stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/10 the stock gained 9.24%.
Xylem Inc. provides water technology solutions, water and waste water treatment solutions and industrial pumps and related technologies. The company provides products for transportation, treatment, and testing applications to public utilities and industrial facilities. It offers a range of pumps, and valves, heat exchangers, waste systems, and membrane filtration products. Xylem Inc. is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 10.91% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.94%
- Technical support level at 45.83
- Recently traded at 46.46 with a 50 day moving average of 42.80
- Market Cap $8.31 billion
- P/E 24.18
- Dividend yield 1.37%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.60% this year and another 4.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 10.80% this year, an additional 10.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 5 buy and 10 hold recommendations on the stock