The Chart of the Day belongs to Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO). I found the semiconductor design stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the stocks. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/16 the stock rose 6.82%.
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation designs, develops and markets universally compatible and low-power semiconductor solutions for the multimedia consumer electronics market. The company sells its semiconductor solutions to original equipment manufacturers and design manufacturers worldwide.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 10.45% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.02%
- Technical support level at 42.84
- Recently traded at 44.50 with a 50 day moving average of 40.16
- Market Cap $1.53 billion
- P/E 22.39
- Dividend yield 1.29%
- Revenue expected to grow 29.70% this year and another 9.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 28.90% this year and an additional 16.50% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 9 buy, 1 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock