The Chart of the Day belongs to Charles River Laboratories (CRL). I found the medical services stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/29 the stock gained 13.64%.
Charles River Laboratories is a leading provider of critical research tools and integrated support services that enable innovative and efficient drug discovery and development. Charles River is the global leader in providing the animal research models required in research and development for new drugs, devices and therapies and has been in this business for more than 50 years.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 9.12% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.05%
- Technical support level at 84.68
- Recently traded at 86.50 with a 50 day moving average of 80.93
- Market Cap $4.07 billion
- P/E 21.67
- Revenue expected to grow 21.40% this year and another 10.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 17.00% this year, an additional 13.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 11.95% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy , 3 buy , 8 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock