The Chart of the Day belongs to California Water Services Group (CWT). I found the water utility stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/24 the stock gained 12.51%.
California Water Service Company's business, which is carried on through its operating subsidiaries, consists of the production, purchase, storage, purification, distribution and sale of water for domestic, industrial, public and irrigation uses, and for fire protection. It also provides water related services under agreements with municipalities and other private companies. The nonregulated services include full water system operation, and billing and meter reading services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 12.59%
- Relative Strength Index 80.61
- Technical support level at 31.46
- Recently traded at 32.29 with a 50 day moving average of 28.57
- Market Cap $1.55 billion
- P/E 35.85
- Dividend yield 2.16%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.40% this year and another 11.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 10.60% this year, an additional 13.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 9.05% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 hold recommendations on the stock