The Chart of the Day belongs to UGI Corp (UGI). I found the utility distribution stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Then I always use the Flipchart feature to review he charts for consistency. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 5/9 the stock gained 4.94%.
UGI Corporation is a holding company that operates propane distribution, gas and electric utility, energy marketing and related businesses through subsidiaries. Our majority-owned subsidiary, AmeriGas Partners, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership, conducts one of the nation's largest retail propane distribution businesses through its subsidiary AmeriGas Propane, L.P.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 8.63% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.21%
- Technical support level at 42.19
- Recently traded at 43.31 with a 50 day moving average of 40.73
- Market Cap $7.45 billion
- P/E 22.19
- Dividend yield 2.14%
- Revenue expected to be down 4.70% this year but grow again by 2.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 1.00% this year, an additional 14.30% next year and compound at an annual rate of 8.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock