The Chart of the Day belongs to Markel Corp. (MKL). I found the P&C insurance stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month then again for the technical buy signal of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/3 the stock gained 6.25%.
Markel Corporation markets and underwrites specialty insurance products and programs to a variety of niche markets.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 8.45% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 69.30%
- Technical support level at 969.35
- Recently traded at 976.44 with a 50 day moving average of 913.15
- Market Cap $13.64 billion
- P/E 24.63
- Revenue expected to grow 3.10% this year and another 26.54% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 11.10% this year and an additional 9.10% next year but compound annually at an annual rate of 11.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Streets analysts issued 1 strong buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock