The Chart of the Day belongs to Amerisafe (AMSF). I found the Workman's Comp insurance stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/18 the stock gained 33.57%.
Amerisafe, Inc. is a specialty provider of workers' compensation insurance focused on small to mid-sized employers engaged in hazardous industries, principally construction, trucking, logging, agriculture, oil and gas, maritime and sawmills.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 11.81%
- Relative Strength Index 98.87%
- Technical support level at 56.05
- Recently traded at 58.10 with a 50 day moving average of 52.47
- Market Cap $1.11 billion
- P/E 13.31
- Dividend yield 1.28%
- Revenue expected to grow .30% this year and another 1.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 2.90% this year, decrease 3.40% next year but compound annually at the rate of 10.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock