The Chart of the Day belongs to Pinnacle West Capital (PNW). I found the electric utility stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again by the highest technical buy signals. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/8 the stock gained 6.06%.
Pinnacle West Capital is engaged, through its subsidiaries, in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity and selling energy, products and services; in real estate development; and in venture capital investment. Its primary subsidiary is Arizona Public Service Company. The company's other subsidiaries include SunCor, El Dorado, APSEnergy Services and Pinnacle West Energy.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 7.87% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.72%
- Technical support level at 74.42
- Recently traded at 74.32 with a 50 day moving average of 69.95
- Market Cap $8.24 billion
- P/E 19.31
- Dividend yield 3.31%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.20% this year and another 2.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 2.00% this year, an additional 5.00% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 3.60% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 12 hold and 3 under perform recommendations on the stock