The Chart of the Day belongs to The John Hancock Premium Dividend Fund (PDT). I found the closed end income fund by using Barchart to sort the All Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals above 80%. I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/27 the stock gained 11.71%.
The Fund is a closed-end, diversified management investment company whose investment objective is to provide high current income, consistent with modest growth of capital.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 5.31% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.85%
- Technical support level at 15.09
- Recently traded at 15.26 with a 50 day moving average of 14.42
- Market Cap $755.68 million
- Dividend Yield 7.01%
- Although not followed by Wall Street Morningstar give the fund a 5 star rating
- The readers of Motley Fool voted 21 to 2 for the fund to out perform the market