The Chart of the Day is The Travelers Companies (TRV). I found the P&C insurance stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/22 the stock gained 6.14%.
St. Paul Travelers is a leading provider of commercial property-liability insurance and asset management services. Under the Travelers brand, the company is also a leading underwriter of homeowners and auto insurance through independent agents.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 6.14% in the last year
- Relative Strength Index 72.18%
- Technical support level at 114.89
- Recently traded at 116.06 with a 50 day moving average of 108.37
- Market Cap $34.34 billion
- P/E 10.64
- Dividend yield 2.11%
- Revenue expected to grow 1.40% this year and another 2.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 10.50% this year but increase again by 2.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 2.94% for the next 6 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 buy, 23 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock