The Chart of the Day belongs to Aqua America (WTR). I found the water supply stock by using Barchart to sort today's New High list for the stocks with the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/18 the stock gained 12.89%.
Aqua America is one of the largest U.S.-based, publicly traded water utilities and serves nearly 3 million people in Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, Illinois, Texas, New Jersey, Indiana and Virginia.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 2.91% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.34%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 28.71
- Recently traded at 29.35 with a 50 day moving average of 27.70
- Market Cap $5.19 billion
- P/E 23.22
- Divided yield 2.45%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.70% this year and another 5.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.80% this year, an additional 7.10% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.55% for the next 5 year
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 2 buy and 4 hold recommendations on this stock