The Chart of the Day belongs to PBF Energy (PBF). I found the petroleum refining stock by using Barchart to sort today's New High list for the highest number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/1 the stock gained 29.71%.
PBF Energy Inc. operates as a petroleum refiner and supplier. The Company offers unbranded transportation fuels, heating oil, petrochemical feedstocks, lubricants and other petroleum products in the United States. Its refineries are located in Toledo, Ohio, Delaware City, Delaware and Paulsboro, New Jersey. The company sells its products in the northeast and Midwest United States, as well as in other regions of the United States and Canada.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 34.67% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.01%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 38.91
- Recently traded at 40.78 with a 50 day moving average of 32.66
- Market Cap $3.91 billion
- P/E 8.48
- Dividend yield 2.99%
- Revenue expected to decline 33.30% this year but increase again by 19.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 11.50% this year but increase again by 12.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 7.85% for the next 5 years
- The Wall Street analysts are all over the map with 5 strong buy, 3 buy, 5 hold, 1 under perform and a sell recommendation