The Chart of the Day belongs to 2U Inc (TWOU). I found the Internet software stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Next I review the charts using the Flipchart function. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/14 the stock gained 2.75%.
2U, Inc. is an education technology company. It is a provider of cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that enables nonprofit colleges and universities to deliver their education to students anywhere. The Company offers graduate and undergraduate degree programs in social work, science, public administration, healthcare, laws, education, and business administration. It also offers a suite of technology-enabled services including content development, student acquisition, and state authorization services, as well as application advising, student and faculty support, and in-program student field placements. 2U, Inc. is based in Landover, Maryland.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barcart technical indicators:
- 88% Barchart technical buy signals
- 146.20+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 9.64% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 57.26%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 37.52
- Recently traded at 37.30 with a 50 day moving average of 34.82
- Market Cap $1.54 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 34.30% this year and another 30.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 29.10% this year, an additional 25.60% next year and increase annually at a rate of 30.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 4 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock