The Chart of the Day belongs to Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC). I found the pharmaceutical stock by sorting the All Time High list for the best technical buy signals, then used the Trend Spotter to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/20 the stock gained 42.65%.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in discovery, development and commercialization of novel small-molecule therapeutics derived from its boron chemistry platform. Its three lead product candidates include two topically administered dermatologic compounds-AN2690, an antifungal for the treatment of onychomycosis, and AN2728, an anti-inflammatory for the treatment of psoriasis, as well as a systemic antibiotic for the treatment of infections caused by Gram-negative bacteria-GSK2251052. Additionally, the Company also develops topical antifungal product for the treatment of onychomycosis and skin fungal infections, topical anti-inflammatory product for the treatment of psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 32.19% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 84.21%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 45.06
- Recently traded at 49.10 with a 50 day moving average of 37.10
- Market Cap $2.06 billion
- Revenue expected to grow by 16.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 25.00% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock