The Chart of the Day belongs to Berry Plastics Group (BERY). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the stocks with the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/24 the stock was up 43.02%
Berry Plastics Group, Inc. is a manufacturer and marketer of value-added plastic consumer packaging and engineered materials. The Company operates in three segments: Rigid Packaging, Engineered Materials and Flexible Packaging. Its rigid packaging products include containers, thermoformed polypropylene and injection-molded plastic drink cups, plastic home and party items, plastic garden products, closures, aerosol overcaps, polyethylene and PET bottles and plastic squeeze tubes for food and beverage, retail mass, healthcare, personal care, and household chemical consumer-oriented end markets. Berry's flexible packaging products comprises of mono layer and coextruded films; barrier films for cereal, cookie, cracker, and dry mix packages; lamination films for carpet padding; films used for solar panel construction; component and packaging films; printed products; and coated and laminated packaging products.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 2.79% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.11%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 34.50
- Recently traded at 35.66 with a 50 day moving average of 33.95
- Market Cap $4.24 billion
- P/E 24.96
- Revenue expected to grow 4.10% this year and another 3.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 29.00% this year, an additional 16.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 16.17% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 6 buy recommendations on the stock