The Chart of the Day belongs to Pieris Pharmaceuticals (PIRS). I found the biopharmaceutical stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 5/4 the stock gained 67.51%.
Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company's drug technology consists of Anticalin(R) to treat cancer, severe asthma, anemia and other medical conditions. Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is based in Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 35.39% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.83%
- Technical support level at 5.71
- Recently traded at 5.93 with a 50 day moving average of 4.30
- Market Cap $250 million
- Analysts are not predicting increases in either revenue or earnings in the near future
- In spite of that they issued 2 strong buy reports
- The individual investors on Motley Fool voted 13 to 2 that the stock would beat the market
- I'm puzzled --- the stock is up, analysts recommend strong buys, individual investors like it ----- WHY?