The Chart of the Day belongs to Exact Sciences (EXAS). I found the biomedical stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/27 toe stock gained 48.98%.
Exact Sciences Corporation uses applied genomics to develop effective, patient-friendly screening technologies for use in the detection of cancer. Certain of its technologies have been licensed to Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings for a stool-based DNA screening assay for colorectal cancer in the average-risk population. Colorectal cancer, which is the most deadly cancer among non-smokers, is generally curable if detected early. Despite the availability of colorectal cancer screening and diagnostic tests for more than twenty years, the rate of early detection of colorectal cancer remains low, and deaths from colorectal cancer remain high. Exact Sciences believes its genomics-based technologies would help to enable detection of colorectal cancer so that more people can be effectively treated.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 50.59% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.91%
- Technical support level at 33.11
- Recently traded at 34.23 with a 50 day moving average of 23.95
- Market Cap $3.94 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 109.00% this year and another 49.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 16.60% this year, an additional 30.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 67.93% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 9 strong buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock