The Chart of the Day belongs to IPG Photonics (IPGP). I found the fiber laser stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy n 1/20 the stock gained 18.98%.
IPG Photonics is the world leader in high-power fiber lasers and amplifiers. IPG pioneered the development and commercialization of optical fiber-based lasers for use in a wide range of applications such as materials processing, advanced applications, telecommunications and medical applications. Fiber lasers have revolutionized the industry by delivering superior performance, reliability and usability at a lower total cost of ownership compared with conventional lasers, allowing end users to increase productivity and decrease operating costs. IPG has its headquarters in Oxford, Massachusetts, and has additional plants and offices throughout the world.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 21.57% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.65%
- Technical support level at 118.93
- Recently traded at 121.75 with a 50 day moving average of 104.11
- Market Cap $6.2 billion
- P/E 25.23
- Revenue expected to grow 11.70% this year and another 12.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 12.80% this year, 13.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 12.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stocks