The Chart of the Day belongs to SCANA Corp (SCG). I found the electric utility stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then for technical buy signals of 80% or better. I always use the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/4 the stock gained 4.34%.
SCANA Corporation is an energy-based holding company whose businesses include regulated electric and natural gas utility operations, telecommunications and other non-regulated energy-related businesses. SCANA's subsidiaries serve electric customers in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 6.14% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.32%
- Technical support level at 67.84
- Recently traded at 68.80 with a 50 day moving average of 64.96
- Market Cap $9.83 billion
- P/E 18.02
- Dividend yield 3.37%
- Revenue expected to grow 7.90% this year and another 2.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.20% this year, another additional increase of 5.00% for next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.4% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 3 buy, 4 hold and 1 under perform recommendations on this stock