The Chart of the Day is SkyWest (SKYW). I found the regional air carrier by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest Weighted Alpha and then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/19 the stock gained 32.17%.
SkyWest, Inc., through its wholly-owned subsidiary, SkyWest Airlines, Inc. , operates one of the larger regional airlines in the United States. SkyWest provides passenger and air freight service and completes over 880 daily flights. Pursuant to a joint marketing and code sharing agreement with Delta Airlines, Inc., SkyWest operates as a Delta Connection in certain SkyWest markets. SkyWest entered into a marketing and code sharing agreement with Continental Airlines, Inc. Which allows SkyWest to operate as a Continental Connection in certain markets in and out of Los Angeles.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 7.84% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.65%
- Technical support level at 38.17
- Recently traded at 39.05 with a 50 day moving average of 33.68
- Market Cap $1.95 billion
- P/E 14.03
- Dividend yield .53%
- Revenue expected to grow .60% this year and another .90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 37.40% this year, an additional 11.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock