The Chart of the Day belongs to Finisar (FNSR). I found the semiconductor stock by using Barchart to sort today's New High List first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/8 the stock gained 55.54%.
Finisar (FNSR) is a provider of fiber optic subsystems and network test and monitoring systems which enable high-speed data communications over local area networks, or LANs, storage area networks, or SANs, and metropolitan access networks, or MANs. They are focused on the application of digital fiber optics to provide aline of high-performance, reliable, value-added optical subsystems for data networking and storage equipment manufacture.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 42.59% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 87.48%
- Technical support level at 25.95
- Recently traded at 28.09 with a 50 day moving average of 20.32
- Market Cap $3.09 billion
- P/E 33.56
- Revenue expected to grow 15.00% this year and another 10.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 26.70% this year, an additional 15.60% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 17.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 2 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock