The Chart of the Day belongs to Lockheed Martin (LMT). I found the defense contractor by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% more, Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 6/29 the stock gained 6.10%.
Lockheed Martin Corp. is a global enterprise principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture and integration of advanced-technology systems, products and services. The corporation's core businesses are systems integration, space, aeronautics, and technology services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 9.01% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.48%
- Technical support level at 246.87
- Recently traded at 258.96 with a 50 day moving average of 243.58
- Market Cap $78.84 billion
- P/E 22.68
- Dividend yield 2.58%
- Revenue expected to grow 9.60% this year but be down .30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.40% this year, an additional 13.20% next year and compound at an annual rate of 10.6% of the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 7 hold and 1 strong sell recommendation on the stock