The Chart of the Day belongs to Spark Energy (SPKE). I found the electric utility stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest technical buy signals, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/7 the stock gained 33.76%.
Spark Energy, Inc. is an independent retail energy services company. It provides residential and commercial customers across the United States with an alternative choice for their natural gas and electricity. The company is involved in the retail distribution of natural gas and electricity. It also offers renewable and carbon neutral products. Spark Energy, Inc. is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 24.49% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.71%
- Technical support level at 23.22
- Recently traded at 24.20 with a 50 day moving average of 19.73
- Market Cap $343.48 million
- P/E 10.35
- Dividend yield 6.09%
- Revenue expected to grow 12.30% this year and another 10.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 11.40% this year and an additional 7.20% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 3 old recommendations on the stock