The Chart of the Day belongs to the Independent Bank Corp (IBCP). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest number of new highs in the last 20 trading session, next for technical buy signals of 80% or more and last I review the charts using the Flipchart feature. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/24 the stock gained 5.71%.
Independent Bank Corporation is a bank holding company. Its subsidiary banks principally serve rural and suburban communities located across Michigan's Lower Peninsula. The Banks emphasize service and convenience as a principal means of competing in the delivery of financial services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 5.89% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 60.28%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 15.25
- Recently traded at 15.60 with a 50 day moving average of 14.87
- Market Cap $351.78 million
- P/E 19.63
- Dividend yield 2.06%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.20%N this year and another 3.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 12.00% this year, an additional 13.10% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 5.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy and 2 hold recommendation on the stock