The Chart of the Day belongs to Silicon Laboratories (SLAB). I found the integrated circuit stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest number of new highs in the last month, then for technical buy signals of 80% or more, then again for a 50-100 Day MACD Oscillator buy signal. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/8 the stock gained 22.64%.
Silicon Laboratories Inc. design and develop proprietary, analog-intensive, mixed-signal integrated circuits for the rapidly growing communications industry. Mixed-signal integrated circuits are electronic components that convert real-world analog signals, such as sound and radio waves, into digital signals that electronic products can process. Mixed-signal integrated circuits are critical components of numerous communications products, including cellular telephones, cable and satellite set-top boxes, modems and fax machines.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 8.28% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.60%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 52.82
- Recently traded at 54.11 with a 50 day moving average of 47.16
- Market Cap $2.25 billion
- P/E 38.31
- Revenue expected to grow 3.60% this year and another 570% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase .50% this year, an additional 8.10% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 10.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 2 buy, 6 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock.