The Chart of the Day belongs to Hawaiian Holdings (HA). I found the regional airline stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for a Weighted Alpha of at least 50.00+, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/11 the stock gained 28.88%.
Hawaiian Holdings is a holding company of Hawaiian Airlines. Hawaiian Airlines is the largest airline headquartered in Hawaii. They are engaged primarily in the scheduled transportation of passengers, cargo and mail. Scheduled passenger service consists of daily service between Hawaii and Las Vegas, Nevada and the four key United States West Coast gateway cities of Los Angeles and San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon; daily service among the major islands of Hawaii; and bi-weekly service to Pago Pago, American Samoa, Papeete and Tahiti.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 119.60+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 27.68% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.39%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 27.96
- Recently traded at 32.08 with a 50 day moving average of 25.24
- Market Cap $1.76 billion
- P/E 11.57
- Revenue expected to decline .20% this year but increase again by 4.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 91.00% this year, an additional 6.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 29.30% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 2 buy, 3 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock