The Chart of the Day belongs to Crown Media Holdings (CRWN). I found the cable media stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks for the ones with a Weighted Alpha of at least 50.00+ and technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/31 the stock gained 3.93%.
Crown Media Holdings, Inc. owns and operates pay television channels dedicated to high quality family programming. Currently, they operate and distribute the Hallmark Entertainment Network internationally and the Odyssey Network domestically, primarily through cable and direct-to-home satellite systems. In addition, they, along with The Jim Henson Company each own 50% of the Kermit Channel, which is distributed primarily in India. We have more than 50 million subscribers worldwide.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart Technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 85.80+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 3 new highs and up 5.30% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 60.84%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 5.21
- Recently traded at 5.56 with a 50 day moving average of 4.98
- Market Cap $2.00 billion
- P/E 17.83
- Revenue expected to grow 11.60% this year
- None of the 7 Wall Street firms following the stock have made projections or recommendations
- The individual investors on Motley Fool voted 93 to 27 that the stock will beat the market