The Chart of the Day belongs to Waters Corp (WAT). I found the stock by sorting today's All Time High list for the stocks with the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/28 the stock gained 7.30%.
Waters Corporation is a holding company which owns only and all of the outstanding common stock of Waters Technologies Corporation, the operating subsidiary. It operates in the analytical instrument industry, with manufacturing and distribution expertise in three complementary technologies: high performance liquid chromatography instruments, chromatography columns and other consumables, and related service; mass spectrometry instruments that can be integrated and used along with other analytical instruments; and thermal analysis and rheology instruments.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 8.66% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.38%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 131.53
- Recently traded at 134.76 with a 50 day moving average of 125.64
- Market Cap $11.14 billion
- P/E 22.67
- Revenue expected to grow .70% this year and another 5.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.50% this year, an additional 9.50% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 9.13% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy, 16 hold and 1 under perform recommendations on the stock