The Chart of the Day is Torchmark (TMK). I found the stock by sorting today's All Time High list for the stocks with the highest technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/11 the stock gained 5.63%.
Torchmark Corporation is a financial services holding company specializing in life and supplemental health insurance for middle income Americans marketed through multiple distribution channels including direct response, exclusive and independent agencies.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 2.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.47%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 56.73
- Recently traded at 57.66 with a 50 day moving average of 55.77
- Market Cap $7.33 billion
- P/E 13.94
- Dividend yield .96
- Revenue expected to grow 1.90% this year and another 2.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.60% this year, an additional 9.30% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 8.44% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy, 12 hold, 2 under perform and 1 sell re commendation on the stock.