The Chart of the Day is Akorn Inc (AKRX). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the stocks with the best technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/8 the stock gained 15.79%.
Akorn, Inc. manufactures and markets diagnostic and therapeutic pharmaceuticals in specialty areas such as ophthalmology, rheumatology, anesthesia and antidotes, among others. They also market ophthalmic surgical instruments and related products. Customers include physicians, optometrists, wholesalers, group purchasing organizations and other pharmaceutical companies. They also provide contract manufacturing services.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 14.54% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.51%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 45.13
- Recently traded at 46.64 with a 50 day moving average of 40.35
- Market Cap $4.86 billion
- P/E 60.05
- Revenue expected to grow 99.20% this year and another 43.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 105.50% this year, an additional 61.10% next year and compound at an annual rate of 34.78% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 6 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock