The Chart of the Day belongs to Mettler-Toldeo International (MTD). I found the analytical instrument stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/20 the stock gained 22.46%.
Mettler-Toledo is the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications. The Company focuses on the high value-added segments of the weighing instruments market by providing solutions for specific applications. The Company also manufactures and sells certain related laboratory measurement instruments, with one of the top three market positions worldwide in titrators, thermal analysis systems, pH meters and lab reactors.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 10.51% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.07%
- Technical support level at 597.15
- Recently traded at 599.00 with a 50 day moving average of 530.07
- Market Cap $15.52 billion
- P/E 37.73
- Revenue expected to grow 5.50% this year and another 5.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 16.10% this year, an additional 12.00% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 12.81% of the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 9 hold recommendations